Thursday, March 29, 2012

Butterfly Garden

 Its spring time!! Which means the Wild Animal Park has its annual butterfly garden and since Ela's favorite book right now is Fancy Nancy: Bonjour Butterfly we were so excited to go. Ela made sure to dress like a flower and Tasha let me put a butterfly shirt on her for the occasion.
 Despite me wearing my sweaty gym clothes, in no time at all a nice little orange butterfly landed on my bright blue shirt. It then proceeded up my sleeve and collar to almost my face which freaked me out. I know its just a butterfly but its still an insect and those don't belong on my face. I gently redirected it to my hand and got the girls to pose with it.

 Ela would not leave the garden until one landed on her and despite her excellent butterfly hand perch it wasn't happening. Finally I lifted her up and 2 landed on her hot pink hair ribbon but flew off before I could get a picture.
I normally only take photos with people in them but was taking pictures like a crazy person. It was such a beautiful garden! Warm and temperature controlled, surrounded by flowers and butterflies everywhere!

No comments: